Monday, September 30, 2013

What the fuck, me

I have a burning passion not to do physics homework. It will take a few more hours (hopefully less) to remind myself how bad it felt to not to have turned in the last one.

I just had pancakes that were reheated from last night's dinner at IHOP. They had cinnamon and icing.

I painted some of my plastic interior trim in my car. When the lights to match are purchased, it should look really sharp at night and during the day. Pics when it happens.

This Thursday I will go to the Queen Mary with a party of people that build a haunted house. This guy, the one that said "hey let's go" is the same guy that builds a maze in his own side yard/driveway every year. I've participated in the build for the past two years. So him and a few others are going, and I as a helper, was invited. It's good to help. Yay people.

Every Friday night, I'm told, is a get-together of Miata's in the City of Industry (45-an hour's drive). One of these days, I'll make the trip out there, hoping for the best.

Instagram has been seeing more of me lately, or the other way around; whatever. My username, like most everywhere else on the internet, is Chilezen. Reddit, however, is no contest: I even spoil myself with a few browsing sessions during physics (geez I loathe physics and that teacher). So many subreddits, and somehow, so much time... But anyway pictures, me, things, insta-whatever.

About a week ago I took my bike to the beach to ride. Only two items entered my pocket: license and phone. Apparently, as I found out today, a week later, my license did not come back that night. This means I have been without legal proof of identification, let alone proof to drive, for some time. Luckily, as hard as they may come by, some nice people mailed my ID back. Bless their souls, I shall return a letter of thanks at my soonest convenience.

This weekend my courage was built up all on my own in order to ask for a date from a girl I just met. This was in the city of Brea, where my mom had another one of her street fairs, selling her jewelry. Being a weekend event, I had seen (and only seen) this girl for two days. She sat stationed at another booth, across and not far from where I sat. Looking up from the book not wanting to be read was pleasant every time as I glance to see her chatting away with the girl next to her or customers at her booth. She was attractive; pretty eyes, pretty smile, fit body. My standards are set fairly high for women I am interested in, yet consequently I have a harder time talking the prettier they are. A breakthrough, a much needed one, came when I broke the ice as I strolled by (I had been sitting for hours, man...) to observe the two of them packing up. This was the first of two approaches. I addressed them both, this made talking easier. This was also fishing for initial impressions, yet I already made up my mind about pursuing it further. I had waited at my seat until all was packed, so literally at the last moment, I boldly (yet cautiously, I am/was still shy) said "Before you go, my name is Kevan, you have pretty eyes, and I'd like to ask you out." Her smile grew for the appreciation and her eyes fluttered but the words from her mouth are the only words I will ever remember her say: "Oh, I'm sorry, I have a boyfriend! But my name's Jordan, I'm sorry." I didn't know what to say, in fact I don't remember what I said. Frankly I'm not hugely bummed out, because I reminded myself I could do it, even if it took two whole days. For too long have I been kicking myself over lost opportunities and lust for ones I know I will never get back... I tried again, I'm proud of that. Losing this one, yes I'm bummed, she, from what I could tell, looked like a great, nice person; exactly the kind I've always been after. She helped me bounce back up because I really thought she'd be worth the try, and she was. This wouldn't be a story without her, and I wouldn't have the confidence without Helin, a friend who also helped (and still helps) through difficult patches of my life. Several morals now standing, I appreciate having experienced them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment