Monday, September 9, 2013

The Amount of Friends after High School Can be Counted on One Hand

I didn't think the title would be true so soon after high school...


I think I've lost a friend specifically because of my ex girlfriend. She's been friends with him long than I've known her. She dated him once, for a week, but it didn't work out because he felt like a brother to her, not a lover. But they've been good friends anyway. That's how I got to know him, because of her. He and I would work on car things together, even after she and I broke up. But now I think she's gotten close to him again, and I think, maybe, she requested that he isn't my friend anymore.

I've had a childhood friend; my first real friend. I've known him since, maybe 5, or whenever we start kindergarten. Our friendship dwindled during high school due to different choices on cliques, but I tried to push forth again during college because we go to the same college and share similar class times (carpooling).
     He was an okay friend all my life, but worse now. Whenever I try to hang out with him, something, or someone else is always more important. I've asked to hang out one night, he said no, I said tomorrow, he didn't answer; the next day, I ask to hang out, he says, sorry, forgot, I made other plans. And recently I ask for help on homework, something as simple as 10 minutes (he lives a few houses down, btw) but he remarks I should have paid attention in class instead. It was his birthday this weekend. I know he had a party of some kind. I wasn't invited. I asked him, hey, let's drive around at night this weekend, he said no, I'm busy. Not, it's my birthday, want to help celebrate? Nope. Just, busy. Couldn't be bothered. And this is someone I see and talk to 4 days a week at school...

I used to be able to say I have at least 5 friends. Now I'm down to 3. Two of which haven't replied to my texts in the past week. One left: I should call him, just so I can converse with someone other than my mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment