Saturday, September 21, 2013

SOL

Two lines of bad news:
  • I had to take my car to a mechanic
  • I had another dream about my ex.
I spent the weekend under my car pulling out the starter. I brought it to a store and had it tested; clerk says it's good. And so's the battery. I don't know how to/can't really check the wiring in between them, so I admitted defeat and sent it to have the dealership look at it. Hopefully I'll see it on Monday (today being Saturday). $109 to diagnose. Whoopee.
     I haven't thought about her in weeks, thankfully. But my brain, for the asshole it is, decides to remind me of her while I sleep. It's not even a simple passing-by on the sidewalk sort-of deal, it's a togetherness situation, exactly the kind of feeling I don't want to re-experience anymore. That time has passed, and I really thought I convinced myself that I was over this a long time ago.


I'm going to a concert tonight. My first venture exclusive to watching a band perform. Saying I haven't been to a concert before is mostly a lie; I've been to venues and a concert has been there as well. However tonight my family, the three of us, are traveling about an hour away to see the band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. I really like their music, so I'm not complaining. I'm just not the "concert" type of person, just as I am not really a "go outside in public" type of person. But I also think my mom is really trying to hold on to me for as long as she can; there hasn't been a weekend for the past two months that we haven't been together doing something. Chocking, really. Nothing I can or will do about it though.

My arms and hands are stained with car grime/oil/degreaser from when I was working on it earlier today. That makes me happy, I did something I like doing and I have physical attributes to show for it. But now I need a shower in order to blend in with the crowd that will soon surround me.


No comments:

Post a Comment