Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Reunited and Refreshed

To say "reunited" is a stretch, considering she's been sitting in the driveway for three weeks. But I couldn't drive my Miata because she was having starting issues, and I have school, so I didn't have time to fix it. Over the past weekend she got a temporary fix, will be completed soon.
     What I wanted to say is how much I missed driving her. In the meantime, I'd been driving a bmw E30 to school, which has its own perks, but simply isn't as good or fun as my miata.

     In Southern California, where I live, there is a coastal city called Palos Verdes (Estates, not Rancho). It's almost entirely neighborhoods of small, windy, hilly dark roads (dark being at night). The houses are beautiful, the views are beautiful, and the roads are mostly empty. It's the closest thing I have to a track and a good time, especially on warm nights, like tonight.
     After readjusting myself to the light pedals, I fell in love all over again. How well she handles, the responsive steering, how it's never too much power, the sticky tires... and almost everything is still stock; very forgiving shocks and an acceptably quiet exhaust. Many of the roads are uninterrupted, making for many wonderful mountain cruises. The city itself is about 5 miles in diameter (my estimate from google maps), yet I traveled 54 miles through it. I love exploring there, and I love exploring it in my miata.

I'm just happy, and wanted to briefly share my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment