Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Thoughts on a Phone

It's currently one day away from Google I/O, a large annual conference of Google stuff. Media sources expect one of the items to be revealed is the Nexus 5, or update to the existing Nexus 4. The Nexus 4 is my number one choice for a new smartphone. Not the Galaxy S 4, not the HTC One, and certainly not the iPhone 5. On a side note, if you remember an old post I have about Tablets, I preferred the Nexus 10 over the 4 other top choices, so my desire for Nexus products is fairly longstanding.
     My mom and I currently have the original Galaxy S, which was outdated when we bought it, and it's barely holding up now. After two years, we're eligible for an upgrade. For reasons other than desire that I won't explain now, we actually need to upgrade our phones. And we have a deadline to get them.
    Actually, between the two of us, just one needs to have the updated phone in order to use a card scanner (she is running a small business and is selling at a street fair; a mobile card scanner is a must).
     I want to hold out for a day or two to see if Google announces a new phone. If they do, I'll continue to wait until it's officially released in stores to buy it. My mom, in the meantime, will get the Nexus 4 for her business.
     If a new phone isn't announced, which I think is unlikely, both my mom and I will get the N4. I recommend the N4 to anyone over any other phone. It's the goods you need without the glitter/crap you don't. Please consult a medical examiner to understand why you would pay more for a phone with stuff you aren't going to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment