Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Re: Seats

I'm about to answer my own questions I asked in my previous posts about seats. If you haven't read that post, the one right below this post, stop reading this post and scroll down to read that post.

Why do people sit?
     What kind of dumbfuck question is that? To rest our legs. Right? There's my educated guess. I'm not going to try to be scientific with that shit. But I've always wondered,
     Why do people have butts?
So we can fuckin' sit. Case closed. Next. (no seriously, why do we have butts (specifically butt cheeks)?)
     The question "why do we sit" and the proceeding paragraph have no transition or logical connection, and it certainly doesn't answer the question. So I guess for continuity, the question should be changed to,
     "Why do we have such shitty seats?"
No, that's not a good replacement question. The answer is simple: money. I shouldn't have to explain myself more.
     But perhaps I can think of a better initial question: "Why do we sit the way we sit?" The answer to this is less defined, because "the way we sit" is subjective and differs between seat type, type of person sitting, reason for sitting, and even type of building the seat is in. Therefore this question is too vague. I'm going to stop fiddling with scenarios because this isn't a scientific study.

At the end I say my "final" question when really it's only the second question. I'm not wrong, but final is a bit of an overstatement.
     Unfortunately the answer to this final one just as vague as the one right above here (sit the way we sit). Some car makers do make good quality stock seats. However, you'll find them on the more expensive cars. Otherwise, the answer is because it saves money on the total cost of the car.

So I render my previous post sort of pointless. It had thinking potential but didn't provide comprehensive questions or useful real-world experiences.

But, holy shit guys, it's just a blog post.
So is this. Wow.

I should stop analyzing my own posts from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment