Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Thoughts on Music

Some people, not too many as I would suppose, think/say that you are the music you listen to. If you've read all my previous posts, specifically the one about how the car I drive doesn't define me, then you'll be correct to assume that the music I listen to also doesn't define me. It entertains me, as does a car, or books, or math, or movies, and virtually anything else. I choose to listen to certain types of music, and it's the choices that define me, not the music itself.
     With that out of the way, I recently made a mix-CD (because mix tapes are so retro these days) for someone that asked for some music. I feel like sharing this mix with you; not the files of music, but my choices. Of course, since it's a CD, the choices were very limited. So I went through my top-rated list in iTunes and grabbed the ones I wanted to share; the songs I think 1. express my kind of varied personality, and 2. most people ought to know/at least heard of. Here we go, finally:

Takin' Care of Business . . . . . . . . . . . . . . B.T.O.
Peace Frogs . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . The Doors
Derezzed (The Glitch Mob Remix) . . . . . Daft Punk
Arlandria . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Foo Fighters
Unstoppable . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Foxy Shazam
Sing Sing Sing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Glenn Miller
Always See Your Face . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Love
E.V.A (Fatboy Slim Remix) . . . . . . . . . . . Jean-Jaques Perry
Bring Me Down . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Lenka
Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah) . . . . Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Rock Is Dead . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Marilyn Manson
King Nothing . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Metallica
Hyper Music . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Muse
Dignity . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . New Politics
The Day The World Went Away . . . . . . . .Nine Inch Nails
Be Calm . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fun.
Don't Ask Me . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Ok Go
No One Knows . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Queens of the Stone Age
Consoler Of The Lonely . . . . . . . . . . . . . . The Raconteurs
Stray Cat Strut . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Stray Cats
Escape (Bloody Beetroots Remix) . . . . . .The Toxic Avenger

There is sort of an order... If you listen to it, I think it works.
Just to be clear, I didn't say these are the best songs or my all-time favorite songs. But it's the collection that strikes close to home with me, in a rather loud way (they're meant to be played loud).

No comments:

Post a Comment