Sunday, September 9, 2012

My Life According to You, Starting Now

I haven't used a blog before, but as I understand it, to purpose is to voice your own opinions and update others about your own doings. Perhaps it could also be interpreted as an online diary/journal. I'm not about to research the subject, I'm just going to do what I want because I can and I don't see a reason to think otherwise. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

For now, I will treat is as a journal, keeping a tab on the things I've done within a given period of time.
Today, I cleaned the yard out front and washed my parents cars. My dad said I couldn't drive his unless I did...
So I did. I like his car. It's an '87 BMW 525i (I think). I like it because it has a satisfying roar, and because I like driving a stick. But being a fairly old car, it has its problems, so he doesn't like my driving it, fearing I may break it or it breaks itself (or me, for that matter). Also, the fact that I want to drive his car for the sake of driving rather than driving to a destination discourages his decision to give me the keys.
What? I like driving. Driving brings such a good feeling to me. Either you understand it or you don't. I like to drive.

Aside from that and dinner, I have been working on Halloween ideas. You will hear much more about this for  the next few months.
To the left is a crude sketch of my front yard. There are blue lines, green lines, a green box, red lines, and a yellow square. All these form to make a maze for trick-o-treaters to walk through. Obviously, the few objects drawn here don't translate to much scaring, but do realize this is still September. I started on this sketch a week before, and this has been the best it could be so far. I have a month and a half to continue adding to this plan and ultimately assembling all the pieces to form the best haunted house my neighborhood has had. Believe me, the final product will look much better than this here sketch.

How do I know this? What potential does it have? Glad you asked. Here's last year's maze: It's small, but all hand-built!

My collection of haunting objects has grown, therefore my physical maze must be larger as well. If you haven't already figured it out, this is by far my favorite holiday, so making all this really means a lot to me. I am a hands-on person, I like making things. I come from a childhood of many Lego's, so that shouldn't be a surprise.
I see this blog (currently) as a means of logging my progress. I have many more things to show you, so stay with me on this. From hand-crafted spiders and ghosts to ghouls popping out of coffins, there is a lot of creativity going into my front yard. I hope you live near me because I would really love to show my creation to as many people as I can.
But to be honest, I am making this all because it makes me happy. Building this makes me happy. The satisfaction of showing this to others is a separate entity. Two different pleasures. I just want to make that clear.

Stick around for more pictures to come!
~Kevan

No comments:

Post a Comment