Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hectic Household

So it seems I won't be posting too often. On the upside, my posts will be more content-filled.
     Let's start: for one of my art classes, I had to make a blog to post... art stuff (no way). We have to design a character and eventually make it in Illustrator (the art class is an intro to Illustrator & Photoshop. I already know PS, but I want to learn the other). So, here's the blog.
     To the left is a sketch of the character I want to create. Her name is Violet, and she has an extensive description in the other blog. I'm proud of the sketch, and do plan to follow through with a fine lovely lady to dream about forever and ever (kidding). But, yeah, I'll finish the drawing.

     Now for the good stuff.
Because last year, I did the most I ever did in terms of size and commitment and dedication. I literally spent a month designing that maze in front of my yard. So check that out, then come back to see how I intend to improve.
Dolls. With black eyes and blood :)
Bringin' out the ol' coffin.
Two ghosts, made to be swung in a circle.



I photoshopped and cut out Norman Bates :3
My girlfriend sewed these. Amazing!



This used to be a wedding arch, now painted black.
Here I'm testing a self-closing gate.


This is my inspiration that I'm not going to pay $180 for.
     I absolutely hate the photo organization tools of blogger.
These are some of the things I started making for this year. There's lots of stuff still in the attic, and a few things around my room that wouldn't really make sense to post. 
     I will, however, share with you the things I intend to get done:
  • Fog machine ice container
  • Auto-coffin
  • Cut out tombstones
  • Doghouse cave, scary eyes
  • Gateway arch
  • Band members & music
  • Black eye dolls & voices
  • Tombstone girl crying
  • Projected pet ghosts
  • Dropping spider
  • Fence
  • Tree branches & holes
  • Hanging ghosts on string
  • Spinning illusion wheel near clowns
  • Air canon, pumpkin spices
  • Columns 
So that might not make complete sense to you, but I'd be glad to explain if you ask (surely you can find a way to do that). The bottom line:
I've got a lot planned for my little yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment