Sunday, September 30, 2012

A title. Hold on.

Today I made half a gate. A door. It took some time. I used metal pipes (called EMT (electrical metallic tubing)). It was difficult to line up the holes on both sides of the pipe, because, you know, a pipe is round. You don't have that same reassurance of drilling straight as you would with a flat piece of wood.
     So that took a while. But I made the frame. There it is, to the right. It will be painted black. I will fill in the center with PVC (polyvinyl chloride) pies to make it more gate-like, and add wire and lights and webs and stuff to make it cooler.
     As you can see, it's angled. That's because I wanted the gate to close itself. Very simple. Gravity makes it "fall" to the center.
     This lovely pair was on sale, and now they're in my room. I like them, I have a special place to put them within the maze, so I thought I'd show you that they're here.
     Their eyes dazzle like freaking Christmas Eve. It's really annoying. Blue, red, and green. Those are not representative of Halloween. What the hell were the creators of this thinking?
     Their glowing eyes will remain off. They will have a red spotlight above them, surrounded by wedding photos and family and friends photos. I think. You'll find this setup in the map I drew in the last post.

No comments:

Post a Comment