Friday, February 22, 2013

Thoughts On My Future

When I learned about the Middle Ages and the Renaissance way back in school, DaVinci stood out to me because we were both alike for being "Renaissance Men," meaning talented in many, far more than a normal person of the time, fields of arts and science and so on. But then, you figure it's just a kid thing, doing everything... but I wasn't one of those. I did find that I did truly do more than other kids.
     I still think the same now. I feel that I am well versed and talented at many different things. In comparison to most other people, I will defend my reasoning. Most people, especially by this time, this age, have narrowed their focus in life, to a point in which they can confidently identify their career path. Guaranteed, everyone is likely to veer at minimum, but they remain set on a general field of study and eventual occupation.
     I stand out in both a good and bad way. But first, I would like to clarify that I am aware that people do have hobbies, side jobs, fallback plans, and other interests. My argument is that my hobbies and interests are more than just that; I wish to obtain all sorts of occupations.
     The good: I'm a multi-talented person. I can do a lot of things, most of them well enough to land an entry-level job or better. And you can be certain that I will spend my time doing it well, because it's within an occupation that I wish to advance in. Anyone can ask me to do many skilled tasks, and I feel that someone else would not be able to do as many things as well as I would do myself. I take pride in my skills and my broad range of skills.
     The bad: What the hell is my future? Most people have narrowed down their career paths to a point where they could name a singular job title and possibly the work it takes to get there. I, on the other hand, have many, many things that I want to do for a living. When I am doing one of those things, I want to do it well, and focus on only it to make sure it does turn out well with the love and care that it deserves. But I want to do other things. And when I'm doing those other things, I want to jump back to square one. For my future, I have to narrow it down. I have to really think hard, decide what is the most important to me. What can sustain me for a suitable lifestyle, what can also give me time to have other hobbies, and eventually a family.
     Fortunately, the cloudiness of my situation has become clearer, and it did some time ago. But the reason I'm writing this now is because clear-er- isn't clear enough.
     I want to be admired for all of the things that I can do and have done. Everyone does. However, I'm uncertain what is the best choice for my life. Then again, everyone must feel that way too. No, though, because I'm determined to exclaim that I'm different. I am! I want to be hired to do a number of tasks, to prove that I can, that I will make something good and probably worthwhile, no matter what it is. I think the biggest problem is, I want to prove that I can do so many different things, all of them well. I can't commit to one yet. I won't, it's not me. I will impress you.

No comments:

Post a Comment